Sunday 19 December 2010

Sepia Raven

Hi!! :)

Yup, me again- don’t know what’s got into me!! :D I have another Xmas card to show you and thought it’d be perfect to enter in Cupcake’s Non-Traditional Christmas...but that finishes in a few hours so that means a second post for today!! Good job writing these posts is making me lie back in bed to rest up from the actually card/gift making which I’m happy to say I seem to be getting on reasonably well with atm... better late than never- at least I hope people will see it that way if they don’t get their cards ‘til new year!! ;D

This is another one of the cards a friend ordered and uses another of the gorgeous Sugar Nellie images I got with the one for my sis’ card- it’s not really a ‘Christmas’ image but it was sitting on my desk, after I’d been playing colouring it the night before, when my friend was choosing the images she wanted for each of her cards and asked me to make it up for her niece in the same sepia tones as the carollers cards. I wasn’t too sure how to make it suitable- her niece is my age and I know normally she likes pink!!) but this is how it turned out:


The layout is inspired from my memory of a Sugar Bowl sketch from the time I got the stamps and started playing. I also recoloured the papers to go with my sepia colouring and added an overlay for a distressed effect after I found a Tut here  at Summertime Designs to show me how :) I love the overlays and have added them to most of my papers now but this is the first one I’ve blogged :)


I used:

• Sugar Nellie Raven stamp from the Home Grown range, stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia and coloured in DIs- Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Tattered Rose with a waterbrush and Cut ‘n’ Dry Nibs
• My own Digi Snowflake Papers again
• Tim Holtz Paper Distressing Tool and Antique Linen DI on paper and image panel
• Corner Punch
• Greeting from a Woodware Clear Xmas set
• Versafine Toffee Ink Pad for the greeting and run around the very edge of the papers
• Brown Parcel Paper punched with MS Doily Lace punch (to try to get a more feminine touch in!! :) ) and edged with Vintage Photo DI
• Cream Gross Grain ribbon from stash
• Snowflake cut on Cricut from the fab ‘When It’s Cold Outside’ cartridge with Antique Linen DI and spritzed with my fab new Perfect Pearls shimmer spray :)
• Golden Dew Drop from Crafty Emma's fixed with Platinum Stickles, more tiny pearls and Clear Stardust pen on image to finish :)





And a couple of close-ups of the papers and embellies :)

I’d like to enter this in these challenges: Cupcake Craft Challenges – Non-Traditional Christmas :) ; CYDA – Punch it Out :) ; CES – Anything Goes :) ; Creative Belli – Christmas Embellishments (my snowflake and paper) :)

I’m off to link those up then- I have plenty more cards to share so will hopefully be back soon!! :) Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!! :)

hugs,

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Hiya Rachel!
Wow wonderful card hun, love this image and fab sepia tones too!
Love the vintage feel and all your lovely snowflake,
Hope your better soon :o)
Warm hugs Vicky xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card- love the colors- perfect- and the snowflake is a great embellishment. TFS

scrap joanny said...

it's really wonderfull !!!!! Image is perfect !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...