Sunday 20 February 2011

Christmas Bunnies In Blue :)

Hi :)

This is a quick post to share another of the Christmas cards I made last year and never got posted... hope nobody will mind or be too bored but it seems a shame not to share them!! :) This one is the one I made for my dad and Step-mum and uses the gorgeous LOTV Bunnies image- can't believe I almost didn't actually buy this stamp... and it turned out to be one of my favourites- not only is it so incredibly cute but I love colouring it the various different colourways and mediums I've tried!! :)


It's pretty similar to ones I've posted before- though I like that the larger size difference between the card and first paper layer and the brighter ink gives the whole thing a much lighter, cleaner feel than some of my other similar cards, no idea why I decided to do that at the time, thought!!lol - so I won't witter on too long about it but for anyone who's new to my blog, I used:

  • LOTV's Christmas Bunnies - Stocking image stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Promarkers
  • Stardust Stickles and Sakura Clear Stardust on the image
  • Nestie Labels (4?) die
  • My own digi papers and a new version of my ticket sentiments
  • MS Aspen Snowflake border punch
  • Tim Holtz Paper Distresser and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on all edges
  • White Organza Ribbon and Flat-backed Pearls to finish






And a few close-ups :)

As this one was made before Christmas and because I want this to be a quick post, I'm not going to enter it in any challenges but I'm hoping I'll be back soon with the card I mentioned the other day :) Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my last card and the well wishes, too- I've had a better day or two which was nice but then followed by another dodgy one yesterday... just seems to be the way of it at the mo' but I really appreciate all your kind words :) One thing I will say is that it makes it easier that it's already staying lighter for so much longer in the evenings- I know some people hate this time of year, when the excitement of Christmas is over and there seems nothing to look forward to 'til summer, but I like the sense of things getting better with more light and lovely flowers popping up- it's late September/early October I hate, when it's already cold and so much darker and then you remember that there's still a month before the clocks change and it all gets even worse- and I can tell it makes me feel different from mid-January!! :) :) Right, I'll stop rambling now!!lol Hope you're all enjoying the feeling of spring around the corner and having a good weekend, too!! :)

hugs,  

3 comments:

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww gorgeous :-) Elaine-xxx-

Rachael said...

Ooo love the colours and the distressing. It brings everything together - I really need to do this more! Im looking forward to the lighter nights too, I cant wait till I get home and can get into my yard cos I can see it lol! Hope youve had a good day.
Rach :) xx

Jennifer said...

Hi :-) What beautiful colours. Love the sweet lil bunny too xx Jenny xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...