Friday 6 May 2011

Super-quick CAS Congratulations :)


Hello again!! :)

A super-quick post (I hope!!lol) to share an Engagement card I had to magic up in super-quick time last weekend and keep me going in my goal not to miss a Less Is More challenge!! :) This week’s challenge from Chrissie and Mandi was to make a Thank You or Congratulations card- which was a very happy coincidence for me as the night before I found I needed an Engagement card for the Saturday night!! Eek- even for a CAS card that’s not long for me to come up with an idea... tends to take my brain a while to get going!!lol So, I fell back on an old design that I first made a couple of years ago...


It’s extremely simple and needs little explaining beyond the ‘ingredients’: 

  • Tall Slim (8” x 3” or A5 folded in half lengthways) white card blank
  • Anita’s wooden Heart stamp
  • Versamark inkpad
  • silver sparkle embossing powder
  • a bit of spare card for the heart that’s raised in the middle
  • Woodware ’Wedding Words’ clear stamp set for the greeting (I also embossed ‘On Your Engagement’ inside using the set)
 ...and that’s it!! :)


It’s so hard to get a good picture of virtually entirely white cards so apologies for these but you can just about see the glitter in the powder- it’s silver as opposed to the holographic you often get which I think is far more subtle!! :) I really like the extreme simplicity of this, especially that it has no colour- I’ve used the design for Anniversary and Valentine cards with different greetings as it’s so simple to make when I need a few cards to make more variety in my stock box!! :) I do prefer it with a more script-y font for the wording though, I think, but this was the only ‘congratulations’ I had to fit!!

Okay, I’ll stop wittering now and go have another rest!! Thank you so much to everyone who has left comments on my recent cards and I really am very sorry that I haven’t been managing to visit many of you, LIMettes and others, recently- I haven’t been able to spend very long online and haven’t had the energy to leave comments when I do get to look around but hopefully the enforced rest will start to help soon and I’ll be able to get back to visiting you all soon- I hope so as I'm really missing the inspiration of hopping around blogland!! I do hope, Chrissie and Mandi, that you don’t mind me still taking part with a card each week even though I sometimes can’t manage to visit many others despite my best efforts?! Thanks also to my newest followers- I will return your visits soon if I can find links to your blogs, and I hope you’ll continue to like what you see of my creations here!! :)

Well, that turned a short post into a long one again, didn’t it!! No hope for me!!lol Hope you’re all well and have a lovely weekend!! :)


 



6 comments:

Susan said...

The silver embossing looks fab...and I love the one heart popped up!

Chrissie said...

It was a great idea to add one heart in relief!
Super card!
Thanks once more!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Very stylish in silver and white. The raised heart is a great idea.
Jenny x

Vicky said...

Stunning, elegant and so simples....I love it hun!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Mandi said...

Of course we don't mind we love you joining in
Love the 3d heart
Continued thanks
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Rachel,
A beautiful CAS card - love the silver embossing and the central 3-d heart.
Hope you are feeling better very soon. Have a relaxing weekend - hugs, Sylvia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...