Monday 3 June 2013

Butterfly Wishes...

Hello folks!! :)

Well, with the aid of my new and much, much zippier netbook/notebook, I have been catching up with editing the huge stash of card pics that have been building up recently... the snail-like pace of my old netbook made editing photos sooo difficult that I could hardly bare to try as I could only get through just a couple before my energy levels/eye/head pain made me have to stop :S ... and that's not even mentioning all the unmentionable things I've uttered (or screeched?!) in sheer frustration at it over the last year!! ;D Anyway, much better now and, as I now have quite a queue of cards to share, I thought I should get on with it!! So here is one I made a month or so ago for my lovely friend Elaine's birthday...


 This is a very different looking card for me... the deep coloured card base, busy patterned papers etc., but I was so pleased with how it turned out!! :) And as any of you who know Elaine will know- butterflies were, of course, obligatory!! :)


I used a whole host of new stash on this card- MFT flag dies, papers, gorgeous purple cardstock for the base card and the fab CBS Framed Sentiments stamp set I had been dying to get my hands on... and which fits pefectly in my fav Nesties- yay!! :) - along with my fav CBS Butterfly dies... 


I used my new Fishtail Flag die for the sentiment, running it through my 'bug twice to get the shaping at both ends... love this soo much and have done it many times since!!lol




{The List}
A6 Top-fold card blank- Purple Grape from Papermill Direct
Papers- Teresa Collins Fabrications (free gift with Cardmaking & Papercraft mag last month)
Dies - Clearly Besotted Stamps Butterfly Wishes, Nesties Labels 18, MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax
Stamps - Clearly Besotted Framed Sentiments and Spring Blooms (sentiment)
VersaMagic Inkpads - Wheat, Tea Leaves and Purple Hydrangea & Perfect Plumeria mixed on stamp to get colourmatch with papers
2mm gems from Anita's/Docrafts

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges: Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes (so long as multiple entries are allowed?) :) ; The Ribbon Girl - Use A Die-cut :) ; The Hobby House - Anything Goes :)

Thank you for stopping by today and for any comments... I so miss blogland when I have to take a break... but hopefully I'll be back again before too long this time!! :) Hope you're all well and get to enjoy our lovely taste of summer this week!! I have my hairdresser coming tomorrow afternoon so can't afford the energy to go outside today and may not make it before the weather turns depending on how much it takes out of me and how long it takes to recover but it's so nice just to be warm and have the lovely sunlight through the windows anyway!! :)



8 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

Yeay .... Glad it's working better for you!!
Gorgeous card I love the colour combo
Jen x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Rachel x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Rachel. The butterflies are gorgeous and I love the design and colour combo. Very Striking.
Hugs Sharon. x

Anonymous said...

beautiful, thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
Hugs Kate

Heather said...

A gorgeous card - a wonderful colour schems and papers. I love the placement of the details!!

hugs
Heather xx
and thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge

Feebsy said...

Beautiful card Rachel, I love the colours you've used and the papers are fabulous. A real stunner, I bet your friend loved it.

Feebsy
xx

coops said...

wow love this Rachel.stunning colours and butterflies and I really love your design :D

xx coops xx

Taheerah said...

This card is so elegant Rachel - I just love it!!

I wanted to thank you so much for the really sweet comment you left on my Uniko card today. Your kind words totally made my day and really made me happy! Thank you so much!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...