Thursday 6 March 2014

An easter card? This early?!


Hello again everyone!! :)

I'm back at last with another LIM card... wasn't sure I would make it this week as I first had to wait for my new cardstock (ordered last week!!) to arrive so I could put my card together, then had to wait for my body to stop messing me about so I felt well enough to get the pics taken... oh, yes- and there might have been a Skype chat with Jen and a CBS release that took up most of Wednesday evening too... !! ;) But I'm here now, so I'll get to the point...

Jen and Chrissie asked for Yellow and Green cards this week... at first my mind flew to tulips and daffodils... but then I started really thinking about all the unused stamps I had uncovered in the last week for mine and Jen's challenge (more on that later!) and I remembered this little LOTV bunny :)


He's simply coloured with Pro and FlexMarkers, edged with yellow ink, embellished with some Mimosa seam binding then added to a Lime Green card blank with a bit of Wink of Stella on the flowers to finish... nice and easy... I think this may be my grandparents' Easter card :) Must be a record for me to have an easter card made more than six weeks early!! lol


{The List}
A6 Top-fold card blank - Papermill Direct Lime Green
Stamps: Image - Lili of the Valley - Spring Swing; Sentiment - Clearly Besotted Stamps - Spring Blooms
Ink - Memento - Espresso Truffle; VersaMagic - Thatched Straw
ProMarkers and FlexMarkers (no colours, I'm afraid... so out of practise I put them away without taking note)
Seam Binding - Ribbon Girl - Mimosa
Wink of Stella - Clear
Corner Chomper


Challenges: Less is More - Yellow and Green :)

This card also fits with my own Clean & Simple Characters series, which aimed to get me using more of my many character stamps and has been sadly neglected since the first post last year!! :(

I've been busy making cards this week but can't share just yet as the recipients read my blog... but I'll be back soon!! :)

Thank you so much to those who left comments on my last post to... a lovely warm welcome back to blogland and I sooo appreciate it!! :) Hope you've all had a lovely week so far!! :)

{{ Also, Please excuse any oddities with my blog design- I redesigned my header to get a long-overdue makeover in place with some help from Jen... and I love it- much more me and in keeping with my card style these days!! :) ... but there are still a few details I haven't got to yet!! :) }}


5 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

just gorgeous hun xxx

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Sharon said...

This is an adorable card Rachel. Love the image and beautiful design.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card Rachel just so adorable too is your image

Viv said...

Such a great card Rachel, cute image too :) Viv xx

Anne said...

Rachel what a sweetie!

Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
Anne
(Guest LIM commenter!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...