Saturday 10 May 2014

Birthday Balloons... Sketch Saturday Week #309

Hello everyone!! :)


I'm back with my second Sketch Saturday GDT card... the sketch is a little more out of my typical comfort zone this time but I had fun with the card and am pleased with the end result... plus, it's another in the box that will be suitable for those oh-so-tricky men!! lol Here it is...



I went with my new Balloons die set for the main elements (Jen picked this up for me from the lovely Sally at Craft Mojo while she was at the Leigh show a few weeks ago... we allowed ourselves a teeny cheat on our papercrafts buying ban as she was going to be surrounded by stash all day... and I was very happy that Sally ahd a stall there for me to cheat with!! lol) and cut a sentiment out of them to keep the whole thing as simple as possible :)


I really like the bright, fun colours of this one an think it will do for male or female, young or old in the end :)


{The List}

Cardstock - 6x6 inch card blank - Craftwork Cards; Core'dinations Gemstones for balloons and mat layer
Stamps - Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Dies - Paper Smooches - Balloons; PTI - Block Alphabet Lowercase and Numbers
Inks - Memento - Bamboo Leaves; VersaMagic - Tea Leaves
Papers - Papermania Forever Friends - Party Time 6x6in pad
Tools - Cuttlebug
Embellishments - DoCrafts Anita's - 3mm Gems
Finishing Touches - Sakura Clear Stardust pen; Sakura Clear Glaze Pen


The sponsor at SS this week is Simon Says Stamp...


... and here's the sketch for you...


I am hopefully resting up after a wonderful week with my friends (they left yesterday to head off to their friends' wedding), so fingers crossed Blogger plays nice and posts this for me!! :) I hope you can join in and pop over to the SS blog to see what Jen and the rest of the DT have come up with!! :) Have a great weekend folks!! :)



5 comments:

Debra Miller said...

So clever Rachel, love your interpretation of the sketch! Hugs Deb

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card Rachel x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and have a lovely weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Rebecca Hoy said...

Lovely the letters in the baloons, really clever. Rebecca x

Grenouille Greetings said...

It's a real pleasure having you as our guest designer, Rachel, and I LOVE your clever and pretty interpretation of our sketch this week. A lovely creation! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...