Saturday 31 May 2014

Soft and Subtle with CBS... Sketch Saturday Week #312 and a Blog Hop :)


Hello everyone!! :)


Well, I can hardly believe it but I am here to share my fifth and final Sketch Saturday GDT card with you... and as it is Sketch Saturday's 6th Birthday, there's something a little special going on this week... a blog hop which I am pleased to be joining in with... more details after the card!! lol Also this week, as it is the fifth week in the month, you can choose which sketch you want to use from the SS archives... from as far back as #215 to the present so plenty of choice!! :) I went with a sketch of Jen's which I loved when I first saw it a couple of months ago but didn't have chance to use at the time... here's my card...


I pulled out a few more CBS items for this one- all from the SMS (Shop My Stash for any newcomers- have a look at the tab at the top to know more!) drawer, though some had been there longer than others!! :) I kept it nice and simple as I haven't had a lot of energy this week but the addition of some designer paper (as part of my ongoing SMS challenge, I am also trying to use more of the consumables in my stash- like the tons of cardstock and papers I have- as well as using all my never before used stamps and dies) kept it interesting :) I also added a couple of lines of stitching with my brand new and utterly fabulous (*TEAL*... this makes me ridiculously happy!!! lol) sewing machine!! :)


I love the soft and summery look this has with the colours and oh so pretty flowers :) Oh, yes- and my fave ever sentiment stamps made another appearance too!! lol


{The List}

Cardstock - Papermill - Rich Cream Linen
Stamps - Clearly Besotted Stamps - Bridal Bouquet and Fabulous Fuschias
Dies - Clearly Besotted Stamps - Bridal Bouquet Die Collection and Lovely Labels Die Collection
Inks - VersaMagic - Thatched Straw, Persimmon, Sea Breeze, Turquoise Gem & Aspen Mist (blended on stamp), Aloe Vera & Tea Leaves (blended on stamps), Pink Grapefruit
Papers - First Edition - Boho Chic
Tools - Cuttlebug, my new (teal! ;D) Sewing Machine


The sponsor over at SS this week is Little Miss Muffet Stamps...


...and here's the sketch I used...


... though don't forget, you can choose your own favourite :)

I hope you can join in and take part in the blog hop too!! :) Here's the list for you...


All that's left is to say thank you to Jen and the other SS ladies for having me as their guest designer this month... I have had a lot of fun!! :) It's also Jen's final week on the SS DT... I know I will miss her sketches!! :)

Thanks for stopping by folks (and for reading what turned out to be a rather mammoth post!! :S ) ... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :)


22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a super card Rachel - so simple and stylish, Jo x What a lovely hop this is.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeously CAS and perfect celebration card. Birthday wishes.
Sarah
x

Unknown said...

This is a very nice Birthday card!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh what a lovely card. I really like the soft, pretty colours. Very nice x

Sandy said...

I'm totally with you on trying to use up what's in my stash. Great job with the GDT work this month.

Vannessa said...

What a great card, Rachel - so soft and pretty. Thank you for joining in with us on our 6th anniversary blog hop and for being our guest designer this month!

Hugs, Vannessa

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Pretty card! Happy 6th Anniversary1

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Pretty card! Happy 6th Anniversary1

Debra Miller said...

So lovely Rachel, it has been wonderful having you as a guest in May. Thanks for helping us celebrate! Hugs, Deb

catherine said...

This is lovely Rachel and love your layout.Great blog hop and happy 6th birthday to the challenge
x catherine

Unknown said...

Lovely card. I particularly like the touch of shine.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE what a Fabulous CAS card!!!

BlackLissi said...

Congratulations on 6 anniversary! It is always a pleasure to be with your challenges! Many fine sketches.
Fabulous CAS card! I really like the soft, pretty colours. :)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Sweet and elegant. Love the softer colors and patterns.

Janice said...

Gorgeous Rachel. A very pretty pastel card, Jx

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.i love the classy design and the papers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Jessi said...

What a pretty card!

Jessi said...

What a pretty card!

lbwright22-loopylou said...

amazing card. Love how on this hop the style of cards keeps changing to give me more inspiration x

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is so pretty, Rachel. Love the simple design with these soft pastels and your perfect stitching! Hugs, Lesley

Rachel x said...

Jgfchjjjggvvbn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...